Sunday, April 3, 2022

Charlie's Blog


 Blogger's note:  Like Bil Keane who allowed his children to draw his Family Circle cartoon, we are allowing Charlie to write today's blog.

These past several days are by far the best ever so far.  Kathleen had a little door so I could go in and out without asking my family to open the door.  The backyard was big and very safe where I could convince my family to throw the frisbees or balls.  There were also neighbor dogs who yipped every time I went outside.  It was so much fun to tease them.  

The next day and night weren't all that great, but the one after that, wow, it was super.  There was a fenced farm yard with two friendly spirited dogs.  The sheep, chickens and turkey were on the other side of another farm fence, but that's okay because we could see each other and run side by side.  However, they were party-poopers and didn't run; they just watched me and my new friends run back and forth almost like a tennis match spectator.

There also were new people whom I taught to throw the frisbee and they did well.  And, and, and, this is the best part, they had a tub full of water that I could cool off in.  It was awesome.  My family weren't too excited when I took a last dip just before going in the covered wagon for the night.

Tonight I'm in the house, not the covered wagon, after a day of romping with another new dog is a huge unfenced ranch where there were lots of black cows.  The bummer was that my family wouldn't let me play with the cows.  All these new dogs liked to run and nip at each other - I love that - but they wouldn't catch the frisbee or ball.  I guess they're not the athletic type.

/s/ Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment