Saturday, August 8, 2015

My Wish List

I claim that I don't watch much television, and only go to a movie about once a year, but the truth be known, the television is the background noise much of the day, especially in the evening.  The evening meal entertainment is the news, weather forecast and sports, but after the news no one touches the off button and the noise continues.

We do surf the three channels that come through the antenna on our roof and choose the least annoying sound.  As a result we often land on a program featuring a variety of locations around the world.  This evening it was Kenya with wildebeests, zebras, giraffes, elephants, cheetahs and many other beautiful African animals.  My reaction, not unlike that of many people, is to wish that I could be there to experience that.  And then I remember, I have been there and I have experienced this.  It was great.

This situation is an example that reoccurs regularly.  These are hints of things I would like to do, or places I would like to visit, and then I remember I've already done that.  How blessed and fortunate I have been.  Now I can move on to do something else.  There are so many places on this great globe called Earth that I have not experienced, so I move on: Italy, Ireland, Australia, Switzerland, India, South America, and maybe even New York or Boston.

Tonight it's just dreaming about the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment